I initially used NetBeans Guide to get PHPUnit installed in NetBeans but here is a quick install checklist for use with PHP 5.2. These are mostly workarounds I had to do for 5.2.17, that work as of this post, but may not work in the future.
For details on how to use it see NetBeans Guide.
- Install NetBeans
- PHP 5.2 w/ the following extensions
At least one of the PDO extensions
- Run go-pear.bat located in the PHP directory
- Run the PEAR_ENV.reg it creates
- from the cmd line run "pear upgrade pear"
- Modify pear.bat add a semi-colon to include_path="%PHP_PEAR_INSTALL_DIR%" so that it becomes include_path=";%PHP_PEAR_INSTALL_DIR%" This will prevent you from getting an "Invalid configuration directive" error every time you run pear.
- run "pear install channel://pear.php.net/Net_URL2-0.3.1"
- run "pear install channel://pear.php.net/HTTP_Request2-2.0.0RC1"
- Follow the PHPUnit Install Guide to install PHPUnit
If you get any errors like "Failed to download pear/Net_URL2 within preferred state "stable", latest release is version 0.3.1, stability "beta", use "channel://pear.php.net/Net_URL2-0.3.1" to install" Just run "pear channel://WHATEVER_CHANNEL_IT_TOLD_YOU_TO_USE". In this example you would run "pear install channel://pear.php.net/Net_URL2-0.3.1".
If after following the PHPUnit Install Guide you get the message